Friday 12 September 2008

Met Topol... yay.

When I was little my great auntie Reggie from Poland would take me to the theatre in London to see Fiddler on the Roof and Topol was in in most of the time ... a major influence on my Yiddishkeit and my love of Jewish artefacts and Hebrew letters and old stories. So last night I finally met him after a play he was in. How cool was that? Brilliant. Yay. Spoke to him for quite a while as we walked through Regent's Park together. Thank heaven for cameras in mobile phones.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Topol!!! - I watch the movie with my boys at least 3 or 4 times a year. In fact just last week we watched it. Does he sound the same in real life as he did in the movie?
I always wanted to party with him.

Mordechai Pinchas/Marc Michaels said...

Hi Jeff - yes he is exactly the same in real life. Indeed I'm convinced he is not acting just being himself. He is absolutely great!

Joels W. said...

Topol is a gem of a human being. Too bad the Theatre industry in Israel does not appreciate him.